Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, October 27, 2012
Did you know... CASA of Calloway and Marshall Counties will have their annual Friends of CASA Banquet Nov. 10 at the Robert O. Miller Conference Center downtown. The formal reception begins at 6:30 p.m. with dinner served at 7 p.m. A silent auction, live auction and entertainment will follow. Tickets are $35 and are available by calling 270-761-0164 by Nov. 2.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Poinsettia Sale, Calloway County Homemakers, Now through Nov. 16, call 753-1452 or 753-7387 for orders.
- Murray Main Street Farmer's Market, Today 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Murray Woman's Club Creative Arts Bazaar and Bake Sale, 704 Vine St., Today, 8 a.m. - Noon.
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Today, 9:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Quilting Workshop, Calloway County Public Library, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Murray Highland Festival, MCC Park, Today, www.wkyhighlandfestival.com $5.
- Fall Fun Downtown - Shop, Eat, Play, Downtown Merchants, Today, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Little Shop of Horrors, Playhouse in the Park, Oct. 19 - Nov. 4 (Fri. - Sun.), www.playhouseinthepark.net
- Ghost Walk and Historical Tour, Sponsored by Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Murray City Cemetery, Today, 7 p.m., Adults: $10, Children 12 and under: Free
- "Meet the Candidates" & Chili Supper, Murray Woman's Club, Oct. 29, Supper: 5:30p.m. - 7:00p.m., $8, Forum 7:00p.m.
- Murray Main Street Annual Dinner, Ghost Stories of the 1930s, The Maple Center, Oct. 29, 6 p.m., call 270-759-9474
- Red Cross Blood Drives, Walmart, Oct. 30, 10:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Trail of Treats, MCC Central park, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Trick or Treating Offical Hours for Murray/Calloway County, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Women's Basic Self Defense Course, Carr Health Bldg., Rm 204 B, Oct. 31, each Wed. for six weeks, 5:15p.m., call Julie Ramsey at 270-227-4140
- Active Parenting Now, CC Extension Office, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29, 5:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Noel Market, Bazaar and Bake Sale, First Christian Church, Nov. 3, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Soup ‘n Cornbread Luncheon, 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 'Farming in the Black Patch' featuring Smith Farms of Calloway County, Curris Center Theater, Nov. 5, Doors Open: 6 p.m.; Begins: 6:45 p.m.; Cast Reception: 8 p.m., Free.
- AHT/Pre Vet Club Doggie Day Spa and Pet ID Day, Animal Health Technology Bldg., College Farm Rd., Nov. 10, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Veterans’ Weekend Reception for Oldest and Youngest Veteran Present, Nov. 10, 6 – 9 p.m.; Spaghetti Dinner and Ceremony Honoring ‘Veteran of the Year’, Nov. 11, 1 – 4 p.m., American Legion Hall, 310 Bee Creek Dr., off N. 4th St., call 270-752-3333 for more info., Free.
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Center, Nov. 13, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- Board Meeting, Murray Art Guild, Nov. 13, 6 p.m.
- AARP Driving Course, Center for Health & Wellness, Nov. 14, 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., call 270-762-1348 for frees and registration.
- Watch for 'Make It a Murray Christmas' Full Color Special Section in the Murray Ledger & Times advertising Holiday Open House, Nov. 9-11, Contact 270-753-1916 for inclusion.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Business@Breakfast Candidate Forum, The Murray Room, CFSB, Oct. 30, 7:30a.m
MCCH Endowment for Healthcare/Fidalgo Bay Coffee Shop, Across from Medical Arts Pharmacy, Oct. 31, 8 a.m. (re-opening).
Yogurt Your Weigh, 1304 Chestnut St., Ste. H, Nov. 1, 11:30 a.m. (new business).
KeeForece Unwanted Computer Collection for Third World Nations, Commerce Center, Nov. 2, 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Log onto www.mymurray.com for restaurant and boutique 'Chamber Saver' coupons and more.
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.