Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, October 20, 2012
Did you know... The 2012 Murray Highland Festival is Saturday, Oct 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Central Park? Admission is $5 per person for a full day of events with children under 10 free. A Ceilidh (pronounced ‘Kay Lee’) is also scheduled after the games at The Big Apple Café at 7 p.m. with music performed by Highland Reign. For complete information visit mymurray.com or wkyhighlandfestival.com.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Murray Main Street Farmer's Market, Today and Oct. 27, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Robin Hood, Lovett Auditorium, Today, 10 a.m.
- BARKtoberfest, MCC Park Courthouse Pavilion, Today, Noon – 4 p.m.
- Center for Health & Wellness hosts Zumba Party for United Way, CCHS Gym, Today, 2 - 5 p.m., $10 donation, 12 and older
- Little Shop of Horrors, Playhouse in the Park, Oct. 19 - Nov. 4 (Fri. - Sun.), www.playhouseinthepark.net
- Eric Church & Kip Moore in Concert, CFSB Center, Oct. 21
- Fall Foods- Trick or Treat? , Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 23, 12:00p.m. - 12:30p.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group, Center for Health and Wellness, Oct. 23, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Red Cross Blood Drives, First Presbyterian Church, Oct. 25, 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.; Walmart, Oct. 30, 10:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Active Parenting Now, CC Extension Office, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29, 5:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Murray Woman's Club Creative Arts Bazaar and Bake Sale, 704 Vine St., Oct. 27, 8 a.m. - Noon
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Oct. 27, 9:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Quilting Workshop, Calloway County Public Library, Oct. 27, 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Murray Highland Festival, MCC Park, Oct. 27, www.wkyhighlandfestival.com
- Fall Fun Downtown - Shop, Eat, Play, Downtown Merchants, Oct. 27, 11:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
- Ghost Walk and Historical Tour, Sponsored by Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Murray City Cemetery, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Adults: $10, Children 12 and under: Free
- Bethel University Offering New Online Bachelor of Science Programs, Starting Oct. 27 and Nov. 17, call 731-415-2560 for more info.
- "Meet the Candidates" & Chili Supper, Murray Woman's Club, Oct. 29, Supper: 5:30p.m. - 7:00p.m., $8, Forum 7:00p.m.
- Murray Main Street Annual Dinner, Ghost Stories of the 1930s, The Maple Center, Oct. 29, 6 p.m., call 270-759-9474
- Trail of Treats, MCC Central park, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Trick or Treating Offical Hours for Murray/Calloway County, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Women's Basic Self Defense Course, Carr Health Bldg., Rm 204 B, Oct. 31, each Wed. for six weeks, 5:15p.m., call Julie Ramsey at 270-227-4140
- Watch for 'Make It a Murray Christmas' Full Color Special Section in the Murray Ledger & Times advertising Holiday Open House, Nov. 9-11, Contact 270-753-1916 for inclusion.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Cloud Computing Lunch & Learn, Commerce Center, Oct.
23, Noon - 1p.m.
Business@Breakfast Candidate Forum, The Murray Room,
CFSB, Oct. 30, 7:30a.m
KeeForece Unwanted Computer Collection for Third
World Nations, Commerce Center, Nov. 2, 7:30 a.m. - 3
www.mymurray.com for restaurant and boutique
'Chamber Saver' coupons and more.
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.
The new Ranger/Welcome Station in Murray’s Central Park was donated by Jane Shoemaker and Lee Hatcher of Murray Digital Solutions. Help in securing the building was also provided by CCSO’s Major Clayton Hendricks. The welcome station provides a central information point for park visitors and the rangers, who are on duty each evening and patrol all of the park’s 164 acres. Park Rangers are Dale Garland and Tim Stone.