Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, October 13, 2012
Did you know... Ghost Stories of the 1930s will be the entertainment for the Murray Main Street Annual Dinner Monday, Oct. 29 at 6 p.m.? Held at The Maple Center downtown, the guest performer will be Dr. Lynnwood Montell. Tickets are $20 and include dinner and entertainment. RSVP to 270-759-9474 by Oct. 23.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Homecoming, MSU, Oct. 13.
- 2nd Sunday Fall Family Fun Day, Farmer’s Market
Pavilion, MCC Fairgrounds, Oct. 14, 2 - 4 p.m.
- GetConnected Training Digital Volunteer
Management System with United Way, Oct. 15, 18 and
19. Call 270-227-2659 for more info.
- Family Caregiver Support Group, Emeritus at
Murray, Oct. 15, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Hospice Training Program, MCCH Education Bldg.,
S. 8th & Elm Sts., Oct. 16, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.,
Refreshments available, Free, Call 270-767-3670.
- Diabetes Self-Management Classes, Center for
Health & Wellness, Oct. 16 and 17, 8 a.m. - 4:30
- ALS Support Group, Center for Health & Wellness,
Oct. 17, 6 - 7 p.m.
- Robin Hood, Lovett Auditorium, Oct. 17, 7:30
p.m.; Oct. 18, 9:30 a.m. and Noon; Oct. 19 and 20,
- Stroke and Head Injury Support Group, Center for
Health & Wellness, Oct. 18, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Active Parenting Now, CC Extension Office, Oct.
18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 29, 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- 40th Anniversary Clean Water Act, Chemistry
Bldg. Auditorium, MSU, Oct. 18, 6 - 9 p.m., public
invited, refreshments served.
- Empty Bowls Project, Murray Art Guild (in
conjunction with MSU), Oct. 19, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Little Shop of Horrors, Playhouse in the Park,
Oct. 19 - Nov. 4 (Fri. - Sun.),
- Fall Bark in the Park, MCC Park, Oct. 20.
- Center for Health & Wellness hosts Zumba Party
for United Way, CCHS Gym, Oct. 20, 2 - 5 p.m., $10
donation, 12 and older.
- Eric Church & Kip Moore in Concert, CFSB Center,
- Fall Foods -Trick or Treat?, Center for Health &
Wellness, Oct. 23, Noon - 12:30 p.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group, Center for Health &
Wellness, Oct. 23, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Red Cross Blood Drives, First Presbyterian
Church, Oct. 25, 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.; Wal-Mart, Oct.
30, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Farmer’s Market of Murray - Calloway County,
Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmer’s
Market, Saturdays, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Oct. 27,
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- The Murray Highland Festival, MCC Park, Oct. 27,
- Fall Fun Downtown - Shop, Eat, Play, Downtown
Merchants, Oct. 27, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Ghost Walk and Historical Tour, Sponsored by
Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate
Veterans, Murray City Cemetery, Oct. 27, 7 p.m.,
Adults: $10, Children 12 and under: Free.
- Bethel University Offering New Online Bachelor
of Science Programs, Starting Oct. 27 and Nov. 17,
call 731-415-2560 for more info.
- ‘Meet the Candidates’ & Chili Supper, Murray
Woman’s Club, Oct. 29, Supper: 5:30 - 7 p.m., $8,
Forum: 7 p.m. · Trail of Treats, MCC Central
Park, Oct. 31, 5 - 8 p.m.
- Trick or Treating Official Hours for
Murray/Calloway County, Oct. 31, 5 - 8 p.m.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First
and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Regional Chamber Trade Show, Paducah Expo Center,
Oct. 18, 2 - 8 p.m.
Business@Breakfast Candidate Forum, The Murray Room,
CFSB, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m.
KeeFORCE Unwanted Computer Collection for Third World
Nations, Commerce Center, Nov. 2, 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
www.mymurray.com for restaurant and boutique
‘Chamber Saver’ coupons and more.
For more information on becoming a member of the
Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a
Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite
Photo: Kevin Lamb, former business owner in Murray,
is now a representative for Modern Woodmen of America
and Chamber member. Offering life insurance for all
ages and retirement planning, Kevin can be reached at