Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, October 6, 2012
Did you know... The Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Business@Breakfast Candidate Forum? The event will be on Tuesday, Oct. 30th in the Murray Room of the CFSB Center. The featured offices will be that of State Representative and State Senator. Speakers will include Kenny Imes and Hal Kemp, Candidates for State Representative and Carroll Hubbard and Stan Humphries, Candidates for State Senator. Reservations are $15 per person. The public is invited as space permits.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Hazel Day, Hazel, Today
- Kentucky Senior Games, Murray, thru 7, www.tourmurray.com.
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Memorial Service and Stone Setting, Winchester Cemetery, New Concord, Oct. 7, 2:30 p.m
- Exhibit Open, Murray Art Guild, thru Oct. 8, Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m,
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Center, Oct. 9, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- A Taste of the Arts, The Murray Room, CFSB Center, Oct. 11, Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m.; Dinner - 6:30 p.m., call 270-809-3250 for info
- Homecoming, MSU, Oct. 13
- 2nd Sunday Fall Family Fun Day, Farmer's Market Pavilion, MCC Fairgrounds, Oct. 14, 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.
- Farmerís Market of Murray - Calloway County, Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmerís Market, Saturdays, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Family Caregiver Support Group, Emeritus at Murray, Oct. 15, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Diabetes Self-Management Classes, Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 16-17, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30p.m.
- ALS Support Group, Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 17, 6:00p.m.- 7:00p.m.
- Robin Hood, Lovett Auditorium, Oct. 17, 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 18, 9:30 a.m. and Noon; Oct. 19 and 20, 10 a.m.
- Stroke and Head Injury Support Group, Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 18, 5:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Active Parenting Now, CC Extension Office, Oct. 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29, 5:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- 40th Anniversary Clean Water Act, Chemistry Bldg. Auditorium, MSU, Oct. 18, 6:00p.m. - 9:00p.m., public invited, refreshments served
- Empty Bowls Project, Murray Art Guild (in conjunction with MSU), Oct. 19
- Little Shop of Horrors, Playhouse in the Park, Oct. 19 - Nov. 4 (Fri. - Sun.), www.playhouseinthepark.net
- Fall Bark in the Park, MCC Park, Oct. 20
- Center for Health & Wellness hosts Zomba Party for United Way, CCHS Gym, Oct. 20, 2:00p.m. - 5:00p.m., $10 donation, 12 and older
- Eric Church & Kip Moore in Concert, CFSB Center, Oct. 21
- Fall Foods- Trick or Treat? , Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 23, 12:00p.m. - 12:30p.m.
- Red Cross Blood Drives, First Presbyterian Church, Oct. 25, 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.; Walmart, Oct. 30, 10:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Farmer's Market of MCC, Fridays 3:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmer's Market, Saturdays, 7:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Oct. 27, 9:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.
- Murray Highland Festival, MCC Park, Oct. 27, www.wkyhighlandfestival.com
- Fall Fun Downtown - Shop, Eat, Play, Downtown Merchants, Oct. 27, 11:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
- Ghost Walk and Historical Tour, Sponsored by Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Murray City Cemetery, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Adults: $10, Children 12 and under: Free
- Bethel University Offering New Online Bachelor of Science Programs, Starting Oct. 27 and Nov. 17, call 731-415-2560 for more info.
- "Meet the Candidates" & Chili Supper, Murray Woman's Club, Oct. 29, Supper: 5:30p.m. - 7:00p.m., $8, Forum 7:00p.m.
- Trail of Treats, MCC Central park, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Trick or Treating Offical Hours for Murray/Calloway County, Oct. 31, 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays thru Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.: Sept. 19 - Using Microsoft Excel; Sept. 26 - Retirement Planning; Oct. 3 - Health Care Reform: Whatís It Mean to Your Business; Oct. 10 - Top 10 Reasons Businesses Fail.
Modern Woodmen, Kevin Lamb, Commerce Center, Oct. 11, 11 a.m.
Regional Chamber Trade Show, Paducah Expo Center, Oct. 18, 2 - 8 p.m.
Business@Breakfast Candidate Forum, The Murray Room,
CFSB, Oct. 30, 7:30a.m
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.
Papa Johnís recently remodeled their interior and celebrated Customer Appreciation at their Murray location. Located in Shoppes of Murray, pizzas can be ordered for pick up or delivery at 753-6666. Lunch specials are 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Now located downtown, A Good Thing has doubled their showroom area. Featuring top quality consigned furniture, A Good Thing is always looking for new items. Stop in to find out more or shop at 514 Main Street or call them at 753-2733