Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, September 29, 2012
Did you know... You are invited to join our court square businesses Oct. 5 for First Fridays Downtown, later shopping and an outdoor movie featuring E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial? The movie begins at 7 p.m. in the lot at 6th & Main. Watch the Ledger for a list of businesses open late.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Parents Weekend, MSU, Sept. 29 - 30
- Kentucky Junior Rodeo, TNT Arena, Hazel, Tonight, 7:30 p.m.; Sept. 30, 10 a.m.
- New Beginnings Transition Homes 4th Annual Home of Hope Motorcycle Rally and Silent Auction, Town & Country Motorsports, Today, 9 a.m.
- Blood Drive, Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 3, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m
- Kentucky Senior Games, Murray, Oct. 3 - 7, www.tourmurray.com.
- First Fridays Downtown, Court Square, Oct. 5; E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, 7 p.m.
- Hazel Day, Hazel, Oct. 6
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Memorial Service and Stone Setting, Winchester Cemetery, New Concord, Oct. 7, 2:30 p.m
- Exhibit Open, Murray Art Guild, thru Oct. 8, Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m,
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Center, Oct. 9, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- A Taste of the Arts, The Murray Room, CFSB Center, Oct. 11, Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m.; Dinner - 6:30 p.m., call 270-809-3250 for info
- Homecoming, MSU, Oct. 13
- Farmerís Market of Murray - Calloway County, Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmerís Market, Saturdays, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Family Caregiver Support Group, Emeritus at Murray, Oct. 15, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Robin Hood, Lovett Auditorium, Oct. 17, 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 18, 9:30 a.m. and Noon; Oct. 19 and 20, 10 a.m.
- Empty Bowls Project, Murray Art Guild (in conjunction with MSU), Oct. 19
- Little Shop of Horrors, Playhouse in the Park, Oct. 19 - Nov. 4 (Fri. - Sun.), www.playhouseinthepark.net
- Eric Church & Kip Moore in Concert, CFSB Center, Oct. 21
- Ghost Walk and Historical Tour, Sponsored by Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Murray City Cemetery, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., Adults: $10, Children 12 and under: Free
- Bethel University Offering New Online Bachelor of Science Programs, Starting Oct. 27 and Nov. 17, call 731-415-2560 for more info.
- Bank of Cadiz Travel Club hosts Holiday at Cheekwood & Franklin, Dec. 4, Register by Nov. 9, Space is limited, www.bankofcadiz.com o or call 270-759-4852 for more info.
Welcome New Chamber Members
Affordable Pressure Washing , Ryan Neal, cleaning, 540 Duncan Trail Rd., Dexter, KY, 42036, 270-804-9411.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
MCC Park Skate Park/Ranger Station, Central Park, Oct. 4, 11 and 11:15
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays thru Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.: Sept. 19 - Using Microsoft Excel; Sept. 26 - Retirement Planning; Oct. 3 - Health Care Reform: Whatís It Mean to Your Business; Oct. 10 - Top 10 Reasons Businesses Fail.
Modern Woodmen, Kevin Lamb, Commerce Center, Oct. 11, 11 a.m.
Regional Chamber Trade Show, Paducah Expo Center, Oct. 18, 2 - 8 p.m.
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.