Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, August 25, 2012
Did you know... Murray’s Convention and Visitors Bureau is gearing up for the next Citywide Yard Sale, Sept. 15? A fundraiser for Freedom Fest, the deadline for placing a yard sale location in the map is Sept. 11. The cost is $10 and applications are available online at
www.tourmurray.com. Yard sale spots are also available at the park. Maps will be sold at the Robert O. Miller Conference Center downtown Sept. 13 - 15. They are $2. For more information call 759-2199.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale Event, CFSB
Center, through Today.
- Great Beginnings Downtown for MSU Students,
- Hot August Blues, Kenlake State Resort Park,
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834 Sons of Confederate
Veterans Meeting, First United Methodist Church,
Aug. 27, 7 p.m.
- Big River, Playhouse in the Park, Aug. 31 -
www.playhouseinthepark.net for tickets.
- Laser Light Music Shows, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays,
5:30 or 7 p.m., Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1;
Summer Nights Astronomy Programs, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1,
- WKMS ‘Cookies Sound Good’ Baking Contest,
Deadline to submit recipe and 250 word story of why
recipe is special, Sept. 3; Bake-Off, Sept. 15,
- Women’s Basic Self Defense Class, Balance Yoga,
200 N. 4th St., Wednesdays for 6 weeks beginning
Sept. 5, 5:15 p.m., call 270-227-4140.
- Scott Lathram Memorial Trooper Island Golf
Tournament, Lake Barkley State Park Resort, Sept. 6,
9 a.m., call 270-856-3721 for info.
- Ice Cream Festival and Cruise-In, Court Square,
Sept. 7 - 8, call 270-759-9474 for festival info and
270-382-2139 for cruise-in.
- Run For Recovery 5K Run/Fun Walk, The Arboretum, MSU, Sept. 8, Registration: 8 a.m.; Start: 8:30 a.m., call 270-227-7632 for more info.
- A Festive Flower Workshop - Hands On DIY Floral
Design Class, A Festive Touch, 1625 St. Rt. 121 N.
Bypass, Sept. 8, 1 p.m., $30, all goods provided,
- Murray’s Citywide Yard Sale, Sept. 15, call 759-2199 for map info
- Farmer’s Market of Murray - Calloway County,
Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmer’s
Market, Saturdays, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Bank of Cadiz Travel Club hosts Holiday at Cheekwood & Franklin, Dec. 4, Register by Nov. 9, Space is limited,
www.bankofcadiz.com or call 270-759-4852 for more info.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First
and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Murray’s Fall City
Wide Yard Sale, Sept. 15, call 270-759-2199 for more
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays
thru Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.: Aug. 22 - Marketing Your
Business; Aug. 29 - Building Relationships to Retain
Customers; Sept. 5 - Promoting your Business through the
Media; Sept. 12 - Using Microsoft Outlook; Sept. 19 -
Using Microsoft Excel; Sept. 26 - Retirement Planning;
Oct. 3 - Health Care Reform: What’s It Mean to Your
Business; Oct. 10 - Top 10 Reasons Businesses Fail.
For more information
on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County
Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact
Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.
Photo: Bill Alexander of Alexander Construction and Concrete
Pumping has a new office located on Railroad Ave. With a
beautiful show room and years of experience, Bill and crew
manage a construction job from start to finish. Call for
estimates at 270-293-2582.