Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, August 11, 2012
Did you know... The Ice Cream Festival and Cruise-In will be on Murray’s Court Square September 7th and 8th? This popular and fun family event is free. Cars, trucks, motorcycles and tractors will be on site as well as activities for kids of all ages. For more information contact 270-382-2139 or email email@example.com.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Aug. 11,
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Community Center,
Aug. 14, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Proofs Photography Competition, Murray Art
Guild, Deadline Aug. 16, 3 p.m., call 753-4059 for
- Active Parenting Now, Calloway Co. Extension
Office, Aug. 16, 23, 30; Sept. 6 & 13, 5:30 - 8
p.m., call 753-1452 for more info.
- Clothing Leader Train the Trainer Workshop,
American Legion Bldg., Aug. 18, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
call Calloway Co. Extension Office at 270-753-1452
for more info.
- Interactive Cooking Party with Special Guest
MaryWare, CASA Office, Aug. 18, 2-4 p.m., call
- Family Caregiver Support Group, Glendale Place
Retirement Center, Aug. 20, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Classes Resume, Murray State University, Aug.
- Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale Event, CFSB
Center, Aug. 23 - 25.
- Great Beginnings Downtown for MSU Students, Aug. 25.
- The Lion King in St. Louis with CFSB,
Aug. 25, $1889 per person, call 270-527-4669 for
- Hot August Blues, Kenlake State Resort Park,
Aug. 24 - 25; Kenlake Hot August 5K, Lakeview
Shelter, Aug. 25, 7:30 a.m., call 270-474-2211 for
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834 Sons of Confederate
Veterans Meeting, First United Methodist Church,
Aug. 27, 7 p.m.
- Farmer’s Market of Murray - Calloway County,
Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.;
- Murray Main Street Farmer’s Market, Saturdays, 7
a.m. - Noon.
- Laser Light Music Shows, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays,
5:30 or 7 p.m., Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1;
Summer Nights Astronomy Programs, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1,
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First
and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Alexander Construction and Concrete Pumping, Commerce
Center, Aug. 16, 4 p.m. (new member)
Blue Sky Solar, 1917 Norsworthy Rd., Kirksey, KY, Aug. 17, 11:30 a.m. (new business).
Murray’s Fall City
Wide Yard Sale, Sept. 15, call 270-759-2199 for more
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays
through Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.
For more information
on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County
Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact
Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.
Photo: Coldwater BBQ now has a café location at the east entrance of Trends N Treasures.
Dine in, take out or have them cater your function with their delicious cooking.
Call the Barnes’ at 227-8855 or 227-3950 for details.
Photo: Trends N Treasures, owned by Julia and Cary Brandon, invite everyone to come
out and shop their mall located on the south side of Murray. The mall is open daily
with a variety of merchants and items and has booth space available. Call Trends N
Treasures at 761-MALL.