Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, August 04, 2012
Did you know... Make a Difference Day is Saturday, Aug. 11? This recycling event will take place at Stewart Stadium form 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. All sorts of items will be accepted., for a list or more information call the City of Murray at 762-0350.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Magnolia Tea Room Dinner, Tonight (Sat. 4th) , 5 - 9 p.m.,
Reservations only, call 270-492-6284.
- Murrayís Annual Citywide Sidewalk Sale, through
- Classes Resume, Calloway County Schools, Aug. 7.
- Classes Resume, Murray Independent Schools, Aug.
- Small Business Academy - Social Media for
Business , Commerce Center, Aug. 8, Noon, call
- Active Parenting Now, Calloway Co. Extension
Office, Aug. 9, 16, 23, 30; Sept. 6 & 13, 5:30 - 8
p.m., call 753-1452 for more info.
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Aug. 11,
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Community Center,
Aug. 14, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Proofs Photography Competition, Murray Art
Guild, Deadline Aug. 16, 3 p.m., call 753-4059 for
- Clothing Leader Train the Trainer Workshop,
American Legion Bldg., Aug. 18, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
call Calloway Co. Extension Office at 270-753-1452
for more info.
- Family Caregiver Support Group, Glendale Place
Retirement Center, Aug. 20, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale Event, CFSB
Center, Aug. 23 - 25.
- Classes Resume, Murray State University, Aug.
- New Beginnings for MSU Students, Aug. 25.
- Hot August Blues, Kenlake State Resort Park,
Aug. 24 - 25; Kenlake Hot August 5K, Lakeview
Shelter, Aug. 25, 7:30 a.m., call 270-474-2211 for
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834 Sons of Confederate
Veterans Meeting, First United Methodist Church,
Aug. 27, 7 p.m.
- Farmerís Market of Murray - Calloway County,
Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.;
- Murray Main Street Farmerís Market, Saturdays, 7
a.m. - Noon.
- Laser Light Music Shows, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays,
5:30 or 7 p.m., Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1;
Summer Nights Astronomy Programs, Golden Pond
Planetarium, LBL, Saturdays 8 p.m., through Sept. 1,
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First
and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Murray Merchantís Sidewalk Sale, Aug. 3 - 5.
Trends & Treasures/Coldwater BBQ, 1306 S. 12th St.,
Aug. 8, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (new ownership/second
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays
Aug. 8 - Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.
A Place Called Home, 1406E N. 12th St., Aug. 9, 11
a.m. (new member).
Photo: Jennifer Upton, with Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale Event, will have the fall sale at the CFSB Center Aug. 23 - 25. There is still room for sellers with kids and womenís clothing and furniture. Volunteer opportunities are also available. For complete information visit