Report by Lisa Satterwhite ,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, March 8, 2014
Coming Up Around Town: Murray’s 95th Make a Difference Day is Saturday, Mar. 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Drive through Stewart Stadium with your cardboard, paper, plastic, glass, aluminum cans, batteries, eye glasses, inkjet cartridges, cell phones, oil, shoes, prescription drugs, clothes and books. All items will be recycled. The Shredder will also be on site for document destruction.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Community Impact Day, Murray-Calloway County,
Mar. 9, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., call 270-227-6346.
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Community Center,
Mar. 11, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- American Red Cross Rebates, Nick’s, Mar. 13, 11
a.m. – 11 p.m.; Huddle House, Mar. 14, 6 a.m. – 11
p.m.; Domino’s, Mar. 17, 4 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Pony Pull, Mar. 14; Horse Pull, Mar. 15, West KY
Expo Center, call 270-809-3125.
- Running for a Cure 5K Run/Walk sponsored by
Murray Miracles benefiting St. Jude’s Children’s
Hospital, 15th & Olive Sts., Mar. 15, Registration:
7:30 a.m.; Race: 9 a.m., $25,
- St. Patrick’s Day Tales, Tunes and Teasers, The
Homeplace, LBL, Mar. 15, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Cornish Hen Dinner, Gloria’s World
Village, Mar. 17, call for reservations
- Make A Difference Day, Stewart Stadium, Mar. 22,
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Girls Scouts Day, Nature Station, LBL, Mar. 29,
10 a.m. – 3 p.m., call 270-924-2299 for more
- Murray Police Dept. Citizens Police Academy,
Mondays Apr. 7 – May 26, 6:30 p.m., call
- Murray Half Marathon, Relay and 5K, Apr. 12,
- Knights of Columbus Bingo, 332 Squire Rd., Every
Tuesday, Food/Pull Tabs, 5 p.m.; Speed Ball, 6:30
www.MyMurray.com for coupons and more.
Welcome New Chamber Members
McCuiston Roofing, LLC, Darrin McCuiston, construction/contractors, 4505 St. Rt. 121 North, 270-293-1924.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First
and Third Wednesdays, 8 – 8:30 a.m.
Raggle Taggle Eco Shop, 200 S. 4th St., Mar. 12, 10:30 a.m.
Social Media Success for Business Seminar by Socially Present, Commerce Center, Apr. 9, 11:30 a.m. – 1p.m., $25, www.sociallypresent.com or 270-908-4041 to register, limited space.
The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation located in Wells Hall on MSU’s campus recently joined the Chamber of Commerce. The office works with individuals with disabilities to assist in employment and can be reached at 270-809-3371.
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Aaron Dail or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.